Today we harvested yellow and red tomatoes, cilantro, and serrano chiles from our garden. We decided to make a simple and delicious salsa fresca, which is the perfect snack for a summer afternoon. Serve with corn tortilla chips as soon as you are finished chopping the ingredients!
Serves 4 as a snack.
- 1 1/2 cup ripe tomatoes (about 3 tomatoes) cored and diced
- 1/2 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red or green serrano, jalepeno, or habenero chiles, finely diced
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup freshly sqeezed lime juice
- salt to taste (approximately 1/2 tsp)
Combine all ingredients together. Serve at room temperature.